Fifty years ago, people believed that by 2023, we’d all be driving flying cars and colonising Mars. Clearly, that isn’t happening anytime soon.
However, those people would have never guessed just how advanced our lives have become. For instance, they would be stunned to know you could qualify as a finance professional without leaving your home.
Thanks to the internet, higher education has made itself available to everyone. Especially for commerce students who are unable to access physical classrooms. Or those who want to work full or part-time. It is now possible to study for two or more courses simultaneously as online education has changed the nature of learning. You may be in a remote area, but as long as you have a working broadband connection, you are on par with your urban peers.
Quite a few financial management courses in India are available for online learning. Investment banking, chartered accountancy, and financial planning are just some of the digital programs that are as good as live college classes. You can join these courses after your 12th while working towards getting your degree.
Fifty years ago, people would have said this famous saying, “You can’t have your cake and eat it too.” Today, thanks to online courses, we know you can.
Online financial management courses are best for:
- Working professionals
- Undergraduates who are also getting their degree
- Students who live abroad or in remote places
- Candidates who want to pursue multiple certifications at the same time
- Sick or injured students
Top online financial management courses in India
Depending on your skills, abilities and interests, you can study the following finance programs online. These illustrious certifications are recognised by all the leading financial companies and banks and will help you establish a successful career path.
Every financial aspirant has heard about the chartered financial analyst program. This certification is renowned worldwide as the benchmark in investment banking programs. It is also one of the best financial management courses in India. The course offers a strong syllabus packed with industry concepts, critical financial knowledge and skill-based learning. You can take the program independently or join a reputed coaching academy that offers online teaching sessions.
- There are ten subjects and three levels.
- There is a strong focus on professional ethics.
- The subjects include economics, portfolio management, equity investments and derivatives.
- Third-year students who will graduate by the time they sit for CFA level 1
- A valid passport
As a CFA holder, you can work in:
- Equity Research
- Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Wealth Management
- Professionals just starting out or with limited experience earn between Rs 5 to Rs 12 lakhs a year.
- Established CFA experts make Rs 15 to Rs 25 lakhs per annum.
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is one of the world’s largest and most respected accounting organisations. Over 180 countries have certified professionals working in leading companies and global corporations. The reason is that the ACCA course prepares students to become learned, skilled and highly knowledgeable accountants.
This is one of the best financial management courses after 12th, with most students opting to take online classes while also studying for their degree.
- There are 13 subjects and three modules:
- Applied Knowledge Level
- Applied Skills Level
- Strategic Professional Level
- The syllabus covers financial reporting, taxation, audit and assurance, etc.
- 12th-year students need 65 per cent in English and maths, 50 per cent in the remaining subjects
- 10th-year students must take the Foundation in Accountancy course
- Graduates and professionally certified candidates may receive exemptions
The ACCA is one of the financial management courses after 12th that enables you to be:
- Management accountant
- Financial accountant
- Finance manager
- Tax specialist
- Credit Controller
- Salaries range from Rs 4 to Rs 8 lakhs for freshers.
- The income increases to Rs 12 to Rs 20 lakhs for experienced professionals.
Do you love helping others? Do you love making money? The certified financial planner course ensures you can combine your two passions into a career. It is one of the best online financial management courses after 12th that offers a solid foundation in financial planning. You get a qualification that makes you a financial planner who works one-on-one with clients to help them plan their financial portfolios.
- The syllabus contains three tracks:
- Investment planning specialisation
- Retirement and tax planning specialisation
- Risk management and estate planning specialisation
- After completing the above three exams, you sit for the certified financial planner specialisation.
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- 12th-year students from any stream are accepted.
- Commerce students are preferred.
If you are looking for financial management courses after 12th, the CFP is a good path to explore. You can work as a:
- Financial planner
- Investment consultant
- Wealth management professional
- Entry-level candidates can earn around Rs 3 to 6 lakhs a year
- More experienced financial planners can make Rs 10 to Rs 15 lakhs per annum.
At the heart of every successful financial company is a team of financial modelling professionals. They help the organisation make crucial decisions, analyse data and make forecasts for the future. Financial modelling is one of the most important financial management courses after 12th and is a valuable skill for many professionals. If you can’t enrol in a classroom-centric course, then you can learn the methods online.
- The program teaches you how to create various financial models.
- The syllabus includes subjects such as, risk analysis, cash flow forecasting and valuations methods.
- You’ll also learn advanced MS Excel.
- You have to be 18 years or older
- You should have finished your 12th year
Financial modelling is a coveted skill for many finance profiles. Even if you have taken other financial management courses in India, a certification in modelling will boost your career as a:
- Investment banker
- Corporate finance executive
- Equity research analyst
- Financial analyst
- Newcomers in the industry earn around Rs 4 to Rs 7 lakhs a year.
- Over time, the above numbers get boosted to Rs 10 to Rs 18 lakhs per annum.
One of the most prestigious online financial management courses in India is the Company secretary program. In this role, you get to guide and advise the board of directors. Your expertise in capital markets, corporate governance and securities laws ensures all company practices are up to code.
- The program is divided into three levels
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
- The syllabus covers topics such as business communication, economics and Indian financial markets.
- You need to have finished your 12th year from any stream (Except Fine Arts).
As one of the most respected financial management courses after 12th, there are many prospects in store for a company secretary, such as:
- Corporate planner
- Legal advisor
- Compliance officer
- Annual starting salaries are between Rs 4 to Rs 7 lakhs.
- Experienced professionals can earn around Rs 10 to 18 lakhs a year.
As one of the traditionally accepted financial management courses in India, the CA program is also available online for commerce students. The course trains students to excel at accounting and work with several prestigious auditing and financial firms across the country.
- The syllabus can help you master financial management in India.
- Subjects include auditing, taxation, financial reporting and corporate finance.
- There are three levels in the course:
- CA Foundation
- CA Intermediate
- CA Final
- Students can apply after 12th but must do the Foundation course.
- Commerce students need 55 per cent, while students from other streams must acquire a minimum of 60 per cent.
As one of the more renowned financial management courses in India, the CA certification can lead to jobs as:
- Chartered Accountant
- Tax Consultant
- Freshers and accountants with less experience can earn a salary of Rs 5 to 10 lakhs per annum.
- CA experts can command a salary of Rs 12 – Rs 25 lakhs every year.
Also Read – How to build a career in finance industry
Proschool offers many finance management courses in India
IMS Proschool is the country’s leading institute in financial management courses. They offer many certifications such as financial modelling, CFA, CFP and ACCA. What sets the academy apart from the others? They use unique coaching techniques that have a proven success record. Also, Proschool only hires experienced experts as faculty members. This ensures the students receive cutting-edge teaching about the latest industry developments. It’s no wonder that Proschool is the first choice for commerce students seeking financial management courses after 12th.
Benefits of being a Proschool student:
- The online sessions are well-designed and highly effective.
- There are many digital resources available such as learning videos, study e-books, mock tests and practice papers.
- You also receive additional certifications from NSE and NSDC.
- The placement programs help students find entry-level jobs that kickstart their careers.
The finance industry is known for its fierce and competitive nature. You need every advantage available to you if you want to be a part of this intensive field. Financial management courses in India can help you land coveted jobs with top companies. And now that these courses are available online, you can gain the benefits without leaving the comfort of your home.